Issue 2012-2, June 8, 2012
Print Version of Newsletter (PDF)
Determinations - Don Kieffer discusses the March 30 Determination Letter Program Update phone forum
Examinations and Compliance
- 403(b) plans - Exam Director, Monika Templeman, discusses how exam agents are handling a 403(b) written plan failure
- Common plan errors
- Pre-ERISA money purchase pension plans with a 401(k) feature - EPCU project
- Defined benefit plans - issues found in audits for PPA 2006 by the Emerging Issues Team
Correcting Plan Errors
- ACT welcomes two new EP members and will issue recommendations in June
- IRS Advisory Council is accepting applications for new members until June 15
Enrolled Retirement Plan Agents
- Renewal period ends June 30 if the last digit of your SSN is 7, 8 or 9
- Updated - Do ERPAs need a PTIN?
- New list of continuing education providers
- Revised - How does an organization become a continuing education provider?
New on the Web
- Published guidance by topic - Revenue rulings, revenue procedures, announcements and more listed by topic
- Age affects what actions you may take in your retirement plan
The Employee Plans News is a periodic IRS newsletter with retirement plan information for retirement plan practitioners.
If you have any comments or suggestions on our newsletter or Web pages, please send them to RetirementPlanComments@irs.gov.
It is permissible to reproduce our newsletter. We ask that you place a note stating that (1) It is a publication of the IRS Employee Plans, and (2) The presence of IRS material does not constitute or imply the endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the IRS of any opinions, products, or services offered by the sponsor of this web page or document.