|Issue 2012-1, March 20, 2012
Print Version of Newsletter (PDF)
- Employers must adopt their pre-approved defined benefit plans and file their determination letter applications (if desired) by April 30
- Check the status of your determination letter application on our Web page, by phone or fax, but the IRS can't respond by email
- New (Cycle A) Alert Guidelines to help you review plans
- EP Determination Letter Program Update phone forum (March 30)
Individual income taxes
- Subscribe to Governmental Plan Updates for recent developments
- Register for:
- Town hall meeting on governmental plan proposed guidance in Cleveland, Ohio (May 3)
- Phone forums
- Indian Tribal Government retirement plans (April 24)
- Governmental plan proposed guidance (May 15)
- Submit comments for public hearings by June 18 on proposed rulemaking for governmental plans (July 9) and Indian Tribal Governments (July 10)
PBGC publication, Finding a Lost Pension, can help you locate lost benefits
New on the Web
In the News
The Employee Plans News is a periodic IRS newsletter with retirement plan information for retirement plan practitioners.
If you have any comments or suggestions on our newsletter or Web pages, please send them to RetirementPlanComments@irs.gov.
It is permissible to reproduce our newsletter. We ask that you place a note stating that (1) It is a publication of the IRS Employee Plans, and (2) The presence of IRS material does not constitute or imply the endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the IRS of any opinions, products, or services offered by the sponsor of this web page or document.